History & Tradition The original school was built in 1916 and used as a auxillary war hospital until 1923. It opened as Tottenhall Infant School on August 27th 1924 with 99 pupils, shared between 2 classes. Over the years the school outgrew its original premises and eight classes were accommodated in temporary huts in the playground. The corporal punishment book was once a required document for every school to keep. In 2004 a new school building was built under a PFI agreement.