Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
Tax-Free Childcare is a new UK-wide government scheme to help working parents with the cost of childcare.
Tottenhall Infant School has now registered with the HM Government Services as a Childcare provider. For parents who have opened an online Childcare Account for Tax-free Childcare you can now pay through this account to pay for your Breakfast Club fees.
It needs to be noted that this is NOT a universal benefit and thus parents must go online to see if they are eligible following this link: www.childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk.
If you have any questions regarding registration, you can access support on the following link: www.childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk.
Eligibility – this is not a universal benefit
Both parents are working and/or:
- One parent working in lone parent family (earning equivalent of 16 hours a week on National Minimum Wage including those receiving tax credits or Universal Credit)
- One/both parent/s is away from work on leave (parental, maternal etc.)
- One/both parent/s receiving Statutory Sick Pay
- Includes zero-hours contracts and self-employed
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either: substantial caring responsibilities/ and or disability; is a foster carer with their own Three- and Four-year-old children
- Income cap of £100k per parent
- Parents who are in training will not be eligible
Parents can call The Customer Interaction Centre Tel 0300 123 4097 and need to sign up – https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/ccp/signup/startpage